1. Do not stop Plavix (Clopidogrel) or Ticlid (Ticlopidine) for any reason. If you received a Bare metal stent, you must continue one of these two important anti-platelet medications for at least 4 weeks after stent implantation. You cannot receive any elective surgery for at least 6 weeks of continuous daily Plavix or Ticlid.
– Name and size of stent.
– Type of stent (Bare metal or Drug eluting)
– Location of stent(s) in the coronary vessel.
– Name of implanting Cardiologist.
– Phone number of implanting Cardiologist.
– Date of stent implantation.
Typically, the stent manufacturer provides such cards for your use after the stent is implanted. If you did not receive this card at the time of implantation, call your Cardiologist: he or his staff will make sure you receive this valuable information. Make sure you keep this card in your wallet or purse at all times.